Wednesday 21 September 2011

Must... Keep... Blogging...

I really have to keep at this, I did really well before, not sure why I stopped. I need to keep a record of what we get up to from a home-ed point of view as well as it being somewhere to keep our pictures in context. You'll find no pretentious, self-important, up-my-own-arse twaddle-crap that I've read on some blogs lately. I won't pretend to be a domestic goddess/ crafting genius/ mother-extraordinaire, because I don't think she actually exists!
Ok, so enough! What have we done this week? Sunday - bought and fitted a new stairgate so that Winnie can't get into the kitchen to eat the cat food - it contains egg and makes her puke! Ask me how I know.....
Monday saw us go find a playground we'd not been to before - only had a slide in working order, so probably wouldn't go back. In the afternoon, we went to babysit for Harri and Rachael as Vaughan had impaled himself on a soup bowl and needed to go to A&E for xrays and stitches.
Yesterday was fairly quiet as we all have a bit of a cold. Tilda read me her library books and did an hour of Reading Eggs.

Today we have done more Reading Eggs, been for a charity shop trawl - I needed a new jumper/cardigan type thing. Its refreshing to actually be able to buy second hand clothes for me - managed to do up a pair of size 16 jeans today! Tilda had a conversation with one of the shop ladies about the film 'Matilda'. We shared a portion of chips for lunch and bought the ingredients for tonight's pizza.
Since it is Wednesday, here's a pic of my nearly finished scarf, claimed by Tilda. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow.
On the way home we collected yet more conkers and some leaves which Tilda incorporated into some artwork.
Last but not least, we have Mildred. I don't think I've introduced her yet? This is her in June,
and today she looks like this!
The poor thing is recovering from being neutered yesterday. I love how her skin is tortie too! Since some numpty at the pet insurance company spelled her name wrong, she has actually been known mostly as Mudred which seems to suit her fairly well!

No comments:

Post a Comment